unarchive In The Box of 16.8103 keyboard_arrow_down
- 4 - 2270 - Lower Control Arm Shock Mount Bushings
- 4 - 8096 - Upper Shock Mount Bushings
- 2 - 15.10.279.39 - .750" X .406" X 1.960" Center Sleeves
- 2 - 9.11102 - 10 Gram Tube of Formula 5 Prelube
- 1 - 17163 - Installation Instructions
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Energy Suspension warrants its products against defects in workmanship and material for 24 months when used on passenger cars and light trucks. Products that have been abused, altered, or incorrectly installed are not covered. Energy Suspension will replace defective products or component parts, if inspection for factory personnel determines the part to be defective. Warranty replacement covers only the product. Labor claims, time loss, or freight charges will not be honored.
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
Energy Suspension Shock Mount Bushings
Shocks are actually part of a two-component system; your coil springs and shocks work together to maintain your control over the vehicle on rough surfaces while also smoothing out your ride. Your shocks are connected to the frame with a set of shock mount bushings. These bushings allow your shock to perform at it's best while also helping to reduce road vibrations.
While many OE shock mount bushings are made of rubber, Energy Suspension makes bushings with their Hyperflex polyurethane. Rubber is a softer material that's better for reducing vibrations but doesn't last long when pitted against high-stress environments. Hyperflex polyurethane, on the other hand, is much more durable than rubber, easily able to withstand both physical wear and road contamination. This added durability also means an increase to firmness and, by extension, NVH. However, the enhanced dependability of your suspension is often worth a slight increase to vibration. Plus, Energy Suspension covers all of their shock mount bushings with a two-year warranty handled in-house here at DST.
Product Reviews for Rear Shock Bushings - Honda Civic - 16.8103
- 5 Star (17)
- 4 Star (1)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
Energy Suspension 16.8103
starstarstarstarstar" Review 2 Years Later "
Still holding up great. They squeak but just extra lube clears that up.Editors Note: It is very important to use the proper grease on Poly Urethane grease and in the correct place. Because the inner sleeve of the bushing pivots off of the bushing tie sleeve, the ID of the bushing and inner sleeve must be liberally coated. The use of spray grease or WD40 may help for a short time but it will wash off. and will have to to reapplied.verified_user Verified Buyer - Hector Lavalle - . Energy Suspension 16.8103 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Review 1 Year Later "
I didnt install these until about a few months after purchase and so far Ive been enjoying the way the vehicle feels. Would definitely invest into more of these down the road.verified_user Verified Buyer - Matteo - . Energy Suspension 16.8103 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Awesome product "
Energy suspension has always been a quality brand I have heard about since I was younger and they do not disappoint.verified_user Verified Buyer - Anthony Duval - . Energy Suspension 16.8103 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar_border" Review 2 Years Later "
Bushings are still going strong no cracks, dry rot, or squeaking. I actually transferred these over to my new shocks and they still feel great, Im running the energy shifter and motor mount bushings now because I was so pleased with these. I would purchase these again. Close to the price of oe bushings and much stiffer.verified_user Verified Buyer - David Arellano - . Energy Suspension 16.8103 - 4 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- Does part number 16.8103 fit my 1994 civic sedan lx? And if so, do you have the installation instructions for them?
- Yes, part number 16.8103 does fit the 1994 civic sedan lx. You can find the installation instructions for the kit at https://www.energysuspensionparts.com/installation_instructions/energy_suspension/17163.pdf
- Is there away to purchase just the 2270 bushings out of the 16.8103 kit?
- Yes, we do sell Energy pieces by just the piece for customers. You will need to speak to one of our reps to get the pricing and time frame the 2270 to be shipped. you can click the live chat button or give us a call at 888-406-2330
- Are the prices shown in Canadian dollars?
- No, our prices are in USD.