unarchive In The Box of 3.2111 keyboard_arrow_down
- 4 - 2008 Bushing Halves
- 2 - Center Metal Sleeves for 2008 - 184.108.40.206
- 2 - 9.11108 Formula 5 Prelube Tubes
- 1 - Installation Instructions # 17040
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Energy Suspension warrants its products against defects in workmanship and material for 24 months when used on passenger cars and light trucks. Products that have been abused, altered, or incorrectly installed are not covered. Energy Suspension will replace defective products or component parts, if inspection for factory personnel determines the part to be defective. Warranty replacement covers only the product. Labor claims, time loss, or freight charges will not be honored.
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
Energy Suspension HyperFlex Leaf Spring and Shackle Bushings
Vehicles with a leaf spring and shackle set up lean heavily on the springs to take the shock out of a bump. Not only does a leaf spring reduce the force of a bump that you feel, but it also evenly distributes the load across the chassis instead of the whole load pressing down on one point. Your ability to get to point A to point B without scraping the pavement is heavily dependent on the leaf spring and shackle bushings which mount the spring to the frame. Energy Suspension's Hyperflex polyurethane is a stronger material for the mounting points of a leaf spring and shackle. Polyurethane leaf spring bushings are able to handle the stress from the suspension and are not vulnerable to road grime. With Energy Suspension's polyurethane, you can protect your vehicle's ability to carry a load, and your bumpy free ride, for years to come.
Replacing the Faulty Rubber
O.E. leaf spring and shackles utilize a soft rubber bushing to mount the spring to the frame. The rubber is great for reducing the noise and vibrations from being transferred into the cab. Unfortunately, rubber bushings have a short lifespan. Once the rubber fails, due to wear and tear or road grime, a leaf spring's effectiveness is severely reduced. Meaning you will experience a very bumpy ride, the vehicle's ability to carry a load or tow is hindered greatly and you'll experience a loss of control.
Be sure to use Formula 5
A leaf spring bushing rotates a lot against the metal shell, so make sure you grease it well with Energy Suspension's own Formula 5 Bushing Lubricant. Using plenty of grease is the best way to ensure a long lasting part without any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack or an 8 ounce tube.
Product Reviews for 3.2111 | Front Leaf Spring Shackle Bushings Chevrolet K5 Blazer
- 5 Star (20)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
Energy Suspension 3.2111
starstarstarstarstar" Review 1 Year Later "
Being my install was on a 79 k-10 it was a snap! Once I removed the old bushings, which was a huge pain. I cleaned the spring eyes well with a flap wheel, blew them out with air and then with a spray cleaner. Pre-lubed the new bushings and installed. I did have to measure and cut the new bushings the proper spring width.verified_user Verified Buyer - Jason Kildea - . Energy Suspension 3.2111 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Quality product "
These frame shackle bushings are the perfect upgrade from the wore out factory bushing in my truck.verified_user Verified Buyer - Chris Stafford - . Energy Suspension 3.2111 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Bushings Fit. "
Ordered these for a 72 blazer. Bushings fit as expected with no issues on installation.verified_user Verified Buyer - ROCKY MEADORS - . Energy Suspension 3.2111 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Great "
Parts worked perfect quality of components was spot on.verified_user Verified Buyer - Tony Neal - . Energy Suspension 3.2111 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- What are the specs of part number 3.2111?
- Measurements on part 3.2111 OD = 1.1 in ID = .39 in Length = 3.5 in
- Is this the part that goes in the front leaf spring shackle upper that goes through the frame?
- No, part number 3.2111 will go in the shackle.
- Are these the bushings that are in the frame on the front of the truck?
- Part number 3.2111 will go in the shackle.