add_shopping_cart Suggested Parts 1keyboard_arrow_down
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Energy Suspension warrants its products against defects in workmanship and material for 24 months when used on passenger cars and light trucks. Products that have been abused, altered, or incorrectly installed are not covered. Energy Suspension will replace defective products or component parts, if inspection for factory personnel determines the part to be defective. Warranty replacement covers only the product. Labor claims, time loss, or freight charges will not be honored.
Energy Suspension Polyurethane Universal Dust Boots
Importance of Dust Boots
Many of you are finding out that the rubber boot on your ball joint or tie rod has rotted away or has split. These boots are extremely important for the suspension of your vehicle. Fortunately, Energy Suspension makes Universal Dust boots that will fit most vehicles. These dust boots are made of polyurethane and are far more durable than rubber. This will seal your boot to retain the grease in the joint, as well as protecting the joint from dirt, sand, water, and snow.
How to get your measurements
In order to select the proper boot, you will first need to grab a few measurements. The best way to do this is with a set of digital calipers. You will need to measure the diameter of the base where the boot will sit, the diameter of the shaft (also called the Pin Opening Diameter) and the height of the boot. Once you have gotten to your tie rod end measure these three spots. Be sure to be as exact as possible and to write down your measurements. If you have any trouble getting these measurements, give our customer service team at DST a call.
It is important to note that you do not want to choose a boot that is bigger than your measurements. You want to choose a boot that is just slightly smaller than the measurements you obtained. The elasticity of the polyurethane will allow the hole to stretch and grip the joint tightly. If you choose a boot that is too large there will be a gap which lets in debris.
Now that you have these measurements, you can verify that this is the boot that you need. If you find that your measurements do not match this boot, go to our Universal Dust Boot page to match a part to your measurements.
Choose your design
Energy Suspension offers an alternative to the traditional round bushing. There is an octagon shaped dust boot available as an option. The octagonal boots have the same specifications and perform the exact thing. They just offer a more unique look.
Product Reviews for Ball Joint Dust Boots - Dodge Dart - 5.13102
- 5 Star (43)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
Energy Suspension 5.13102
starstarstarstarstar" Very good "
Fit perfectly.verified_user Verified Buyer - Ronald R Carson - . Energy Suspension 5.13102 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Fantastic "
Tammy dealt with my query and she was fantastic. Give her a raise :). You didnt have the part in stock that I needed but she found it as part of another set - slight increase in price but no problem. Parts arrive in UK wiith 2 business days. Great service - stay safe and thanks.verified_user Verified Buyer - Wilfred J Fleming - . Energy Suspension 5.13102 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" you can definitely tell that they are more durable than stock or even aftermarket moog dust boots "
So my Toyota used the taller of the 2 sets. They went on easy they look clean I went offload last night and they held up great which is a first. I was blowing boots really fast and honestly it was getting annoying. I will definitely be recommending this site for any one having dust boot issues.verified_user Verified Buyer - Nicholas Zetterstrom - . Energy Suspension 5.13102 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Review 1 Year Later "
All ball joint dust boots look fine and are holding up just fine.verified_user Verified Buyer - Bryan Harris - . Energy Suspension 5.13102 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- Which dust boots in part number 5.13102 are fitted for the upper ball joints?
- There is not a specific one for the upper ball joint since part number 5.13102 is fitted for multiple vehicles. You will need to match them up to your specs of the dust boots you have now.
- I have part #5.13102R. Inside the box, I have 2 dust boots. #13009 and #13024. Which is the lower boot? And which is the upper boot? Mine on the car are completely gone.
- . In the photo, the ones on the right are for the top and left ones are for the bottom.