unarchive In The Box of 11011 keyboard_arrow_down
- 4 of Super Grease - 19-1750-001
- 4 of G5 Hex Bolt - 69 (9/16-12 X 4 1/2)
- 4 of Nylon Lock Nut - 47 (9/16 Inch - 12)
- 4 of H/D Shackle Plate - 1236
- 4 of Metal sleeves - 60536 (3/4 X .083 X 3.000 Inches)
- 2 of Metal sleeves - 60831 (3/4 X .083 X 3.120 Inches)
- 4 of Front Spring Bushings - 61149
- 4 of Rear Spring Eye Bushings - 61152
- 4 of HD Shackle Frame Bushings - 61161
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
question_answer Ask us a Question
Rear Leaf Spring Shackles - AMC American - 11011
Prothane Leaf Spring and Shackle Bushings
Vehicles with a leaf spring and shackle set up lean heavily on the springs to take the shock out of a bump. Not only does a leaf spring reduce the force of a bump that you feel, but it also evenly distributes the load across the chassis instead of the whole load pressing down on one point. Your ability to get to point A to point B without scraping the pavement is heavily dependent on the leaf spring and shackle bushings which mount the spring to the frame.
Prothane's polyurethane is a stronger material for the mounting points of a leaf spring and shackle. Polyurethane leaf spring bushings are able to handle the stress from the suspension, and is not vulnerable to road grime. With Prothane's polyurethane, you can protect your vehicle's ability to carry a load, and your bumpy free ride, for years to come.
Replacing the Faulty Rubber
O.E. leaf spring and shackles utilize a soft rubber bushing to mount the spring to the frame. The rubber is great for reducing the noise and vibrations from being transferred into the cab. Unfortunately, rubber bushings have a short lifespan. Once the rubber fails, due to wear and tear or road grime, a leaf spring's effectiveness is severely reduced. Meaning you will experience a very bumpy ride, the vehicle's ability to carry a load or tow is hindered greatly and you'll experience a loss of control.
Use Prothane's Super Grease
Leaf spring and shackle bushings handle a lot of stress from the vehicle load, so be sure to use the supplied Prothane's Super Grease to lubricate the bushings during installation. Its super important that you lubricate each bushing well to prevent any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack.
Product Reviews for Rear Leaf Spring Shackles - AMC American - 11011
- 5 Star (3)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" Review 2 Years Later "
They are still great.verified_user Verified Buyer - James J Sauro - . Prothane 11011 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Nice product "
Parts fit well, and are made with higher quality materials than my factory parts. Your company was very responsive, and professional. Parts were well packed and arrived here fast. Thank you for your assistance!verified_user Verified Buyer - Bruce Carothers - . Prothane 11011 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" excellant all around "
Excellent to deal with came quick all the parts were there and right and everything fit like a glove. Really nice quality parts very happy !!!!!!!!!!verified_user Verified Buyer - Edmund Lafortune - . Prothane 11011 - 5 out of 5