unarchive In The Box of 16.3116 keyboard_arrow_down
- 2 of 3419 - Front Control Arm Bushings
- 4 of 2507 - Front Control Arm Bushings
- 4 of 15.10.491.39 - Metal Sleeves (1.000 x .563 x 2.480")
- 3 of 9.11108 - 5ML Grease Tube
- 1 of 17357 - Installation Instructions
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Energy Suspension warrants its products against defects in workmanship and material for 24 months when used on passenger cars and light trucks. Products that have been abused, altered, or incorrectly installed are not covered. Energy Suspension will replace defective products or component parts, if inspection for factory personnel determines the part to be defective. Warranty replacement covers only the product. Labor claims, time loss, or freight charges will not be honored.
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
HyperFlex Control Arm Bushings
A control arm bushing plays a vital role in a suspension. Replace that faulty O.E. rubber bushing with an Energy Suspension Hyperflex control arm bushing. These polyurethane bushings provide the longevity and performance needed to maximize a suspension's efficiency. Energy Suspension's Hyperflex polyurethane is a firmer bushing than the O.E. Not only does this increase the longevity of the bushing but gives the suspension a boost in handling performance. With a firmer bushing, there will be a slight increase in NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness), but most drivers prefer the boost in performance in spite of that.
The Faulty O.E.
As your suspension travels, a rubber control arm bushing is repeatedly stretching and flexing. After a while, the center sleeve begins to sag and your suspension alignment is throw out of whack. The sagging will go on until the rubber fails completely.
Be sure to use Formula 5
A control arm bushing rotates a lot against the metal shell, so make sure you grease it well with Energy Suspension's own Formula 5 Bushing Lubricant. Using plenty of grease is the best way to ensure a long lasting part without any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack or an 8 ounce tube.
Product Reviews for 16.3116 | Honda Civic / Acura RSX 01-05 Front Control Arm Bushing
- 5 Star (53)
- 4 Star (3)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
Energy Suspension 16.3116
starstarstarstarstar" Review 1 Year Later "
As of right now no issues.verified_user Verified Buyer - Spencer Wright - . Energy Suspension 16.3116 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Good "
So far real good. Have not aligned my car yet but the previous bushings were not in parts yet, just worn. Much easier to get these installed then removing the original bushings.verified_user Verified Buyer - Kenneth Krafft - . Energy Suspension 16.3116 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" A must for suspension upgrade "
Great stuff at a great price and better quality over the oem ones, which seems to break . You could feel the stiffness as soon as you install them and like everyone else says lube them as much as possible.verified_user Verified Buyer - Edward Ramirez - . Energy Suspension 16.3116 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Review 2 Years Later "
Still holding up! I grease them almost every oil change just for a little added protection and I havent had any issues whatsoever. Would recommend this product to anyone.verified_user Verified Buyer - Stephen Kyle Starliper - . Energy Suspension 16.3116 - 5 out of 5
compare_arrows Compare with Similar Parts
- This part
- Bushing Material: Polyurethane
- Bushing Material: Polyurethane
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- On part 16.3116, can I just buy the rears and not the rest of the kit?
- You sure can. You can call us at 888-406-2330 to place an order.
- Will I need to reuse the metal sleeves from the stock bushings for this 16.3116 front control arm kit?
- You will not need to reuse your stock metal sleeves for the install of kit number 16.3116.
- Can I use permatex aluminum anti-seize lubricant for part number 16.3116?
- No, for polyurethane bushings you need to use either silicone grease or marine grade grease.
- Can I order the piece number 2507 separately from the 16.3116 kit?
- Yes, you can find that bushing at https://www.suspension.com/bulk-2507
- Will I need to reuse my stock outer metal shells with your 16.3116 kit?
- You will not need to reuse the outer metal shells from your stock bushings with the 16.3116 control arm bushing kit.
- Does part number 16.3116 front control arm bushings come with both left and right sides?
- Yes this part number does cover both sides of the car.
- Will 16.3116 fit the 2006 Honda civic hybrid 4-door?
- 16.3116 has only been tested for the regular civic and not the Hybrid. This part could work but has never been tested.