unarchive In The Box of 18701 keyboard_arrow_down
- 1 of Metal Sleeves - 60685 (7/8 X .120 X 2.600 inches)
- 1 of Metal Sleeves - 60907 (7/8 X .156 X 1.270 inches)
- 1 of Steering Rack Bushing, Large, "O" Hole - 60676
- 2 of Steering Rack Bushing, Center, Small - 60677
- 2 of Steering Rack Bushing, Left, Medium - 60678
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
Prothane Steering Rack Bushings
Your steering rack is the portion of your steering system that takes your actual input, the turning of the steering wheel, and makes the vehicle react. It does this through two main components: the teeth on the rack itself, and a gear that rolls over them. Steering rack bushings are designed to protect these components from impacts and grime. However, your OE steering rack bushings are most likely made of rubber, and while rubber does a decent job of reflecting impacts, it doesn't hold up to road contaminants.
Prothane crafts each of their steering rack bushings with polyurethane, a material substantially more dependable than rubber. Capable of easily fending off both physical impacts and chemical contamination, these polyurethane bushings are sure to increase your steering rack's dependability and longevity. Plus, Prothane covers all of their steering rack bushings with a lifetime warranty handled in-house here at DST.
Product Reviews for
- 5 Star (3)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" 5 stars "
Order showed up in a timely manner. All parts were perfect fits. I had just a little play in the rack with the old bushings, absolutely solid now. I have 3 friends with the same model 4runner /Tacoma and have already made them order the same partsverified_user Verified Buyer - Dan Koldenhoven - . Prothane 18701 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Very well made and priced right "
My 96 Tacoma had about 1 inch play side to side on the steering wheel before I installed the bushings. Now there is no play what so ever. The truck handles like a sports car. I also like the feed-back I feel in the wheel now. Should have done this long ago.verified_user Verified Buyer - Dennis Skiles - . Prothane 18701 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" These were ok "
These parts were good for my carverified_user Verified Buyer - Alberto Cohen - . Prothane 18701 - 5 out of 5