unarchive In The Box of 191164 keyboard_arrow_down
- 2 of Grease-able A Brackets - 10053
- 2 of Grease-able Sway Bar Bushings - 62514 (21mm)
add_shopping_cart Suggested Parts 3keyboard_arrow_down
DST Silver Color - Limited Lifetime Warranty
Whiteline Gold Color Plated - 3 Year Warranty
Greaseable sway bar bushings do not include lubricant. They are designed to be greased externally using a zerk grease gun. This grease gun is compatible with the zerk fittings, and includes grease.
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
191164 | Greaseable Sway Bar Bushings - 21MM (0.82 inch)
Prothane Sway Bar Bushings
A sway bar bushing plays a huge role in your suspension, so don't settle for rubber. Prothane Sway Bar bushings are made of polyurethane, much more durable material for suspension bushings than rubber. Polyurethane does not break down due to road grime, weather or oils the way the rubber can. Have the peace of mind knowing you have a long-lasting part on your sway bar with Prothane's sway bar bushings. Prothane's polyurethane sway bar bushings provide a secure grip on the sway bar and do not warp over time. With this snug grip, your vehicle will see a performance boost similar to installing a larger sway bar.
A sway bar's function is to maintain the maximum amount of road contact during tires. The sway bar is held to the frame of the vehicle with a sway bar bushing. Original Equipment rubber can warp and/or crack, losing its grip on the bar. This causes your sway bar to lose its effectiveness. Just look at the old rubber sway bar bushing to the left. Imagine how good of a grip that thing could keep on a sway bar. Go with Polyurethane.
Use Prothane's Super Grease
The metal sway bar rotates inside the sway bar bushings, so be sure to use the supplied Prothane's Super Grease to lubricate the bushings during installation. Its super important that you lubricate each bushing well to prevent any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack.
Product Reviews for 191164 | Greaseable Sway Bar Bushings - 21MM (0.82 inch)
- 5 Star (6)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" Great! "
Installed on a 75 Datsun 620. Fit perfect.Replaced original flawlessly.verified_user Verified Buyer - Ryknot - . Prothane 191164 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Excellent "
Minor modifications were needed for the 2004 Subaru Outback.verified_user Verified Buyer - Tim Thacker - . Prothane 191164 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Much tighter suspension! "
Installed these into a 1986 Toyota Sprinter Trueno (Corolla) AE86. Everything was installed in about an hour with just using a standard box wrench and socket set. Overall impression: Suspension is much firmer with no added road noise (maybe less then before).verified_user Verified Buyer - Christopher Skaggs - . Prothane 191164 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" great replacement "
The aftermarket sway bars didn't come with new bushings, and wouldn't fit in the factory ones. These bushings fit the bars perfectly, bolted right up to my car. No problems at all. They even have a great price. Glad I found these.verified_user Verified Buyer - Brandon Moorhouse - . Prothane 191164 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- Will part number 191164 fit my 2008 toyota 4runner sport?
- Part number 191164 is a universal bushing, so you will need to measure your sway bar first and be sure you have the 21mm bar. We cannot guarantee fitment on a universal bushing.