unarchive In The Box of 4209 keyboard_arrow_down
- 2 of Vertical Bushings, Bottom - 64217
- 2 of Vertical Bushings, Top - 64218
- 2 of Horizontal Bushings - 64235
- 2 of Metal Sleeves - 60669 (7/8 X 2.000 inches)
- 2 of Metal Sleeves - 60749 (3/4 X 2.430 inches)
- 4 of Super Grease - 19-1750-001
add_shopping_cart Suggested Parts 2keyboard_arrow_down
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
Prothane Control Arm Bushings
A control arm bushing plays a vital role in a suspension. Replace those faulty O.E. rubber bushings with Prothane's polyurethane control arm bushings. These polyurethane bushings provide the longevity and performance needed to maximize a suspension's efficiency.
Prothane's polyurethane is a firmer bushing than the O.E. Not only does this increase the longevity of the bushing but gives the suspension a boost in handling performance. With a firmer bushing, there will be a slight increase in NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness), but most drivers prefer the boost in performance in spite of that.
The Faulty O.E.
As your suspension travels, a rubber control arm bushing is repeatedly stretching and flexing. After a while, the center sleeve begins to sag and your suspension alignment is throw out of whack. The sagging will go on until the rubber fails completely.
Use Prothane's Super Grease
Control arm bushings are a high stress part, so be sure to use the supplied Prothane's Super Grease to lubricate the bushings during installation. Its super important that you lubricate each bushing well to prevent any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack.
Product Reviews for 4209 | Dodge Neon Front Control Arm Replacement Bushing Kit
- 5 Star (3)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" still fitting snug after a year.am very happy. "
These are quality parts and very easy to install,even for the average mechanic. It made a real difference in the overall ride of the car as well.I will certainly use these suspension parts again.verified_user Verified Buyer - al Daniels - . Prothane 4209 - 5 out of 5
Very easy to install. Used a pitman arm puller to push the bushing out and this one slid right in. The car is way more responsive and no harshness.verified_user Verified Buyer - Daniel Harrison - . Prothane 4209 - 5 out of 5
The set of control arm bushings is the third set we have installed on two Neons - one used for autoslalom, the other used for short track oval competition. The oval track car was lost in a crash late last season, right front impact severely bent the lower control arm and split the vertical donut bushing, the other one survived and can be re-used. We did however install both new bushings along with a replacement control arm. These parts have proven to be easy to install and have performed to our expectations. Robin Boomsmaverified_user Verified Buyer - Robin Boomsma - . Prothane 4209 - 5 out of 5