unarchive In The Box of 61007 keyboard_arrow_down
- 1 of Super Grease - 19-1750-001
- 4 of Metal Sleeve - 60533 (3/4 X .083 X 3.505 inches)
- 2 of Metal Sleeve - 60535 (7/8 X .120 X 3.530 inches)
- 8 of Spring Eye Bushings, Medium - 60305 (OD= 34.60 mm; 1.3 in ID= 75.77 mm; 2.9830 in)
- 4 of Spring Eye Bushings, Large - 60306 (OD= 41.05 mm; 1.6 in ID= 75 mm; 2.9 in)
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
Prothane Leaf Spring and Shackle Bushings
Vehicles with a leaf spring and shackle set up lean heavily on the springs to take the shock out of a bump. Not only does a leaf spring reduce the force of a bump that you feel, but it also evenly distributes the load across the chassis instead of the whole load pressing down on one point. Your ability to get to point A to point B without scraping the pavement is heavily dependent on the leaf spring and shackle bushings which mount the spring to the frame.
Prothane's polyurethane is a stronger material for the mounting points of a leaf spring and shackle. Polyurethane leaf spring bushings are able to handle the stress from the suspension and are not vulnerable to road grime. With Prothane's polyurethane, you can protect your vehicle's ability to carry a load, and your bumpy free ride, for years to come.
Replacing the Faulty Rubber
O.E. leaf spring and shackles utilize a soft rubber bushing to mount the spring to the frame. The rubber is great for reducing the noise and vibrations from being transferred into the cab. Unfortunately, rubber bushings have a short lifespan. Once the rubber fails, due to wear and tear or road grime, a leaf spring's effectiveness is severely reduced. Meaning you will experience a very bumpy ride, the vehicle's ability to carry a load or tow is hindered greatly and you'll experience a loss of control.
Use Prothane's Super Grease
Leaf spring and shackle bushings handle a lot of stress from the vehicle load, so be sure to use the supplied Prothane's Super Grease to lubricate the bushings during installation. Its super important that you lubricate each bushing well to prevent any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack.
Product Reviews for Rear Leaf Spring Bushings - Ford F350 - Prothane 61007
- 5 Star (2)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" did not fit, I found out after I pulled the 20 year old bushing! "
poor. Editors Note: Prothane bushing kit 61007 is for the common type of rear shackle. There are 2 different types of rear shackles. The common type has the bushing with an outer shell that presses into the shackle. The kit for the molded shackle is 61020. The molded shackle does not have the outer shell for the bushing. The rubber was poured into the shackle. These kits will not interchange.verified_user Verified Buyer - mark campbell - . Prothane 61007 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" great to deal with awsome product "
Great service. They were a pleasure to deal with. Product was just as described.verified_user Verified Buyer - mr marchant - . Prothane 61007 - 5 out of 5
compare_arrows Compare with Similar Parts
- This part
- Bushing Material: Polyurethane
($1.50) more expensive
- Bushing Material: Polyurethane
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- Will the 61007 fit on a 83 Ford F250?
- The 61007 are fitted for the 83 Ford F250, but it is for the Common Type springs. Ford placed a common Type and a Molded type spring on their early pickups. You will need to check which type your stock spring is. We offer the molded leaf spring bus shings as well part number 61020. ...see more