unarchive In The Box of 7148 keyboard_arrow_down
- 8 of 68107 - Body Mount Bushings
- 8 of 76002 - Body Mount Bushings
- 8 of wash-1163 - Washers
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
Body Mount Bushings for 1999-2007 Silverado 1500 Extended Cab
Prothane's polyurethane Body Mount Bushings will restore ride height and secure the connection between your Chevy's body and frame by replacing the worn out rubber bushings on your '99-'07 Silverado 1500 2WD and 4WD and will last much longer than rubber replacement bushings.
The '99-'07 Silverado 1500s come with rubber body mounts which stand inbetween your truck's frame and body. The stock rubber bushings do a good job of absorbing some of the vibrations and noise transferred from the road to the cab but these rubber bushings will degrade and begin to break down because of wear and exposure to the elements.
Symptoms of worn body mount bushings:
- Misaligned cab and bed
- Difficulty opening or closing doors
- Gap between the door and body
- Little clearance between the frame and other components
A More Durable Option
Polyurethane body mount bushings will replace those worn down stock rubber bushings and keep a firm connection between the body and frame. Rubber bushings almost always need to be replaced the longer they remain on your Silverado since oils, road grime, and heat will eat away at rubber. Polyurethane body mounts weather the elements much better than rubber and hold their shape much longer. Prothane believes in their longevity so much that they back up their body to frame mount bushings with a lifetime warranty.
Circles or Ovals? It's Important
These bushings fit a specific Silverado chassis that uses a circular shaped fitment for the body mounts. Sadly the only way to tell which body mounts your Silverado requires is removing one of the current body mounts and inspecting it. If your extended cab 2WD or 4WD Silverado 1500 has circular body mount uppers then the 7-148 is the part for you.
If you find you have oval shaped uppers the 7-141 body mount kits will cover the extended cab chassis style. If you have a standard cab with oval shaped upper mounts then the 7-147 body mount bushings kit will give you the 6 bushings needed to cover that application.
Product Reviews for 7148 | Body Mount Bushings | Chevrolet Silverado 1500 99-07
- 5 Star (7)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (1)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (1)
starstar_borderstar_borderstar_borderstar_border" Not great... "
The parts look nicely made but I couldnt install them to see if they fit. I got on chat to make sure I was ordering the correct part and was told what I needed for my truck. I get it in and it is wrong and now I have to pay a restocking fee and return shipping because of their mistake. Just triple check your application before you order..\nEditors note: For this generation of GM pickup there are 2 different cab mounts. You have to remove the lower mount and look at the frame bracket the upper mount sets on. You need to know if it has a round or oval hole.verified_user Verified Buyer - Kevin Curtis - . Prothane 7148 - 1 out of 5
starstarstarstar_borderstar_border" Review 2 Years Later "
I had to cut out the centers to fit the factory hardware on my truck. Mine is a 2000 model GMC Sierra 1500 4WD Canadian built truck, these were supposed to be correct for that I was told, not sure if they were or not. The part removed from the center was removed at what appeared to be a seam in the part, making it somewhat easy. There was no real instructions of how tight to tighten them so i still wonder if i have over tightened them. I basically lined up the cab body styling areas to match the bed by tightening the crap out of them. They arent mushroomed or collapsed to bad, but definitely compressed some. Ride is kind of harsh now compared to before and other truck with factory body bushings. Reason for replacing factory ones was two rears by the bed were sagging, cab dropped almost an inch, bed and cab not lined up. The price and availability for factory ones was too much.verified_user Verified Buyer - David M Hodgson - . Prothane 7148 - 3 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Excellent product "
Direct replacement. Good shipping time and packaging. Overall very pleased with product.verified_user Verified Buyer - Larry Pippin - . Prothane 7148 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Very good. "
Parts were great. Instructions related to using super grease were a little unclear (not needed). Only criticism is for GM and these parts. Chevy parts needed to go with these were totally unclear and even wrong from GM ( many were rusted out and needed replacement). Unfair to expect Prothane to compensate for this, but would be nice. Great job guys. Definitely recommend, everybody!verified_user Verified Buyer - John G. Owen - . Prothane 7148 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- Which body mount bushing kit will I need for my 1999 Silverado 2500 4x4 Reg cab that has oval holes?
- If your 99 Silverado 1500 Regular cab has oval holes you will need part number 7147. this 7148 is only for the silverados with the circular upper mounts.
- Does this come with new bolts or is that a separate purchase and if so do you carry them as well.
- Body Mount bushing kit 7148 does not come with the hardware, we have not been provided with hardware for this kit.
- Can part 7-148 fit a 2006 Sierra 1500 4x4 Crew Cab Canadian made truck?
- Part 7148 fits USA models but on some occasions might fit Canadian models. That being said the best way to know for sure it to see what shape mounts you currently have on your truck.
- There is a steel bell insert the bushing sits on for the OEM bushing, however, your prothane bushing will not fit over the oval stem for the bell insert.....is this steel bell insert still needed?
- to answer your question, the steel bell is still needed those mounts are not designed to go over the steel bell but through/ inside the bell itself Then mount to the frame.
- In the video you say your kit 7148 is for 2007 and up, in another spot you say it will fit my truck. so will 7148 fit my Canadian made (vin 2) 2003 gmc sierra 4WD extended cab?
- Part 7148 fits USA models but on some occasions might fit Canadian models. That being said the best way to know for sure it to see what shape mounts you currently have on your truck. These bushings fit a specific Silverado chassis that uses a circ cular shaped fitment for the body mounts. Sadly the only way to tell which body mounts your Silverado requires is removing one of the current body mounts and inspecting it. If your extended cab 2WD or 4WD Silverado 1500 has circular body mount uppers then the 7-148 is the part for you. If you find you have oval shaped uppers the 7-141 body mount kits will cover the extended cab chassis style. If you have a standard cab with oval shaped upper mounts then the 7-147 body mount bushings kit will give you the 6 bushings needed to cover that application. ...see more