unarchive In The Box of 7243 keyboard_arrow_down
- 7 of Super Grease - 19-1750-001
- 4 of Gold Zinc Plated Metal Sleeves - SLV60682 (1.00in O.D. X 0.71in I.D. X 2.28in Length)
- 2 of Gold Zinc Metal Sleeves - SLV60953 (1.00in O.D. X 0.67in I.D. X 3.00 Inches)
- 2 of Metal Sleeves - SLV61067 (1.00in O.D. X 0.68 I.D. X 3.86In Length)
- 4 of Upper Control Arm Bushings - U75004 (1.54in O.D. X 0.99 I.D. X 2.12In Length)
- 2 of Lower Front Bushings - U75005 (1.75in O.D. X 0.99 I.D. X 2.53In Length)
- 2 of Lower Rear Bushings - U75006 (1.75in O.D. X 0.99 I.D. X 3.68In Length)
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
Front Control Arm Bushing Kit
Prothane 7-243 is the Front Control Arm Kit which includes all of the control arm bushings for the front of the vehicle. Prothane's polyurethane stands up far better than the OE rubber. With these durable bushings, you can drive your truck hard with the peace of mind knowing your control arms are performing efficiently and your alignment is correct. This kit is meant to replace just the bushings and not the outer metal shells. By re-using the Original Equipment outer shells, a press is not required to install the new bushings in the existing shells. This kit is backed by a lifetime warranty, and if you have any questions give our DST customer service team a call.
Product Reviews for 7243 | Front Control Arm Bushing Kit | Silverado 2007-2014
- 5 Star (2)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (1)
starstarstarstarstar" Awesome product "
Everything fit as they were supposed to. There was a little bit of a learning curve during the install, but after I started to figure out what worked and what didnt I zipped right through the install. As far as the product though, from the time you purchase your product everything is quality and can be trusted.verified_user Verified Buyer - Austin - . Prothane 7243 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Great ride quality "
My old bushings were just horrible and the truck rode like crap. These new bushings are much higher quality and ride much better. The top front bushings did required a little bit of trimming and the lower arm bolts needed to be shaved down, but after that they slid right inverified_user Verified Buyer - Bruce Kircher - . Prothane 7243 - 5 out of 5
starstar_borderstar_borderstar_borderstar_border" Not impressed at all "
Installed on 2007 Chevy 2500 HD. Upper bushing flanges are too thick. I needed to remove 1/8" of material from the bushing flange in order to fit in to suspension pockets. Lower bushings are of poor design. Revise this design it is junk. Dont buy these. Editors Note: Initially DST had this kit listed incorrectly. We have since made the corrections to our page. The data team works hard to fix any problems with fitments.verified_user Verified Buyer - John - . Prothane 7243 - 1 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- On part 7243, I need new bushings for my control arms but am confused by what the description means when it says
- One you control arm bushings you have a thin metal cup, then bushings, and then an inner sleeve where the bolt goes through. That thin metal cup is the outer shell of the bushing that you need to keep in the control arm itself. This is done (instead of pressing out the OEM rubber bushings) by burning out the rubber to reuse the outer shell. Then once you burn out the rubber you can press in those polyurethane bushing into the control arm. Without the metal, outer shell, Prothane bushings will not fit flush within the arm. You will have too much movement if you already pressed out your OEM bushings. Does this answer your question? If not you can call us at 888-406-2330 and we will be able to explain it to you in more detail or you can check this blog out on how to burn out your bushings https://www.suspension.com/blog/how-to-burn-out-suspension-bushings-the-right-way/ ...see more