add_shopping_cart Suggested Parts 2keyboard_arrow_down
While MOOG greaseable parts come greased from the factory, they should also be greased at the time of installation. After installation, MOOG recommends greasing these parts at each oil change for the best service life.
Out of grease? No problem we've got you covered with this Lucas Xtra Heavy Duty Grease tube refill.
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
Moog fulfills their warranty through their individual dealers. That means that in order to receive warranty support, you will have to refer back to the original dealer you purchased the part from. Be sure to check the dealer's warranty support before you buy the part to make sure that they will properly support the warranty. If a dealer will only refer you back to the manufacturer in order to receive warranty support, then you may not actually have any warranty at all.
Moog Premium Steering Components carry a Limited Lifetime Warranty. Moog R-Series Control Arms, Hub Assemblies, and Strut Assemblies carry a 3 Year Warranty.
Moog warranties their parts to be free of defects in materials and/or workmanship during these timeframes as measured from the date of purchase.
If a Moog part should fail due to materials or manufacturing defect while under warranty, we will provide a replacement of the part upon return of the defective part.
With all the innovations that Moog has added to their front lower ball joint, they really have solved all your problems.
Moog Knows how to Solve Your Problems
Jeep Liberty Shimmying too Much Lately?
All of your trouble started with a little gap, a little weakness in your Jeep Liberty's ball joint boot. You're probably thinking, "That doesn't seem like that big of a deal." But, it is. This "little" gap has lead to a BIG problem. That shimmying you have been feeling lately, yeah that is the result of that "little" gap. It has corroded the ball joint and, if left unchecked, will end up causing your ball joint to break, leading to even more costly repairs. DST knows this is unacceptable to you and we're here to help you fill in the gap. Moog's K3199 solves these problems, and improves the OE design as well.
OE Design Flaw
The gap between the boot and the control arm in your Jeep Liberty's OE design creates a pocket that allows for moisture to accumulate. This leads to premature wear due to corrosion. Once this happens the sealing surface of the dust boot starts to wear and corrode as well, causing the ball joint to fail. It is when the ball joint starts to fail that you start experiencing the shimmying, uneven tire wear, and extra play in the steering wheel that you have been lately.
Moisture, You Shall Not Pass!
Moog has recognized these flaws in your Liberty's OE design and has provided a ball joint that solves these problems in K3199. Moog's front lower ball joint K3199 is designed with a larger stud diameter, which in turn creates a larger stud taper diameter. This locates the stud taper above the surface of the control arm. All of this helps to eliminate that gap and allows for complete contact with the control arm. This helps keep moisture out of the ball joint so that you can tell moisture it shall not pass!
Added Innovation from Moog
The dust boot of K3199 comes with a special grease relief valve that provides a better sealed and serviceable environment. Moog's dust boot also helps push out the harmful road contaminants that cause premature wear when you service this ball joint. The angled zerk fitting gives you easy access to the service point when servicing is required so you don't have to wrestle with the grease gun to get to your grease fitting.
There's a Lifetime Warranty too!
With all the innovations that Moog has added to their front lower ball joint, they really have solved all your problems. In fact, Moog is so confident in K3199 that they have added a lifetime warranty to go along with all of these added innovations. And, if for some reason you do have to replace this ball joint our customer service team here at DST can handle your warranty for you.
Product Reviews for moog-k3199 | Front Lower Ball Joint | Jeep Liberty | MOOG-K3199
- 5 Star (1)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" Review 1 Year Later "
It has been a pleasure to have bought with you; fortunately the piece is kept in perfect condition, I appreciate the attention you have had with me, and I hope to continue supporting you in the parts for my suspension!verified_user Verified Buyer - Eduardo Rafael Gomez Arana - . MOOG moog-k3199 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- K3199 -Front lower ball joint: I have a Cherokee 2005 and I need to buy the front lower ball joint. My question is, you have two models: k3199 & k80767... These 2 models says that fits Cherokee 2005. Can I use any of these?
- Part number Moog-K3199 is not fitted for the 05 Grand Cherokee, it is only fitted for the 02-04 Liberty.Part number Moog-k80767 is also only fitted for a Jeep Liberty from 05-07. The lower ball joint that is fitted for the 05 Grand Cherokee would be part number Moog-K80629. ...see more
- Moog-K3199 - Front lower ball joint - How often should i replace the grease in my ball joints?
- You will want to re-grease your Moog ball joints at every oil change, Moog direct recommends you use a 100% synthetic grease for their ball joints.
- K3199 - Front lower ball joint - 2005 Jeep Liberty - Difference between k3199 and k80767
- The main different between the Moog-K3199 and Moog-K80767 will be the year model Liberty that they are fitted for. The Moog-K3199 is only fitted for the Jeep Liberty from 02 to 04. The Moog-80767 will only fit the Jeep Liberty from 05 to 07. The Moog g-K3199 has a length of 4.23 inches while the Moog-K80767 is 4.54 inches. ...see more