unarchive In The Box of 7237 keyboard_arrow_down
- 2 of Large Control Arm Bushings - 64384
- 2 of Medium Control Arm Bushings - 64383
- 4 of Small Control Arm Bushings - 64382
- 2 of Metal Sleeves - 60954 (1.0 X .187 X 2.950 inches)
- 2 of Metal Sleeves - 60955 (1.0 X .187 X 3.860 inches)
- 4 of Super Grease - 19-1705-001
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
Prothane Control Arm Bushings
A control arm bushing plays a vital role in a suspension. Replace those faulty O.E. rubber bushings with Prothane's polyurethane control arm bushings. These polyurethane bushings provide the longevity and performance needed to maximize a suspension's efficiency.
Prothane's polyurethane is a firmer bushing than the O.E. Not only does this increase the longevity of the bushing but gives the suspension a boost in handling performance. With a firmer bushing, there will be a slight increase in NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness), but most drivers prefer the boost in performance in spite of that.
The Faulty O.E.
As your suspension travels, a rubber control arm bushing is repeatedly stretching and flexing. After a while, the center sleeve begins to sag and your suspension alignment is throw out of whack. The sagging will go on until the rubber fails completely.
Use Prothane's Super Grease
Control arm bushings are a high stress part, so be sure to use the supplied Prothane's Super Grease to lubricate the bushings during installation. Its super important that you lubricate each bushing well to prevent any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack.
Product Reviews for 7237 | Front Control Arm Bushing Kit | Silverado 1500 HD 01-13
- 5 Star (1)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (1)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstar_borderstar_borderstar_border" slightly disappointed "
the bushing themselves are decent quality, but the steel bushing that insert into the lower bushing where not sized properly for the factory bolts, the threads would tightly slide in, but would stop dead when it hit the unthreaded portion. I machined the shank down a few thousands and made it work, but this is a problem that you should not have to deal with. Editors note: Sometimes the inner sleeve may have some burrs in it that would cause the bolt to not go all the way through the inner sleeve. In some cases you might that to dress down the burrs with a round file or a drill bit.verified_user Verified Buyer - Justin Fischer - . Prothane 7237 - 2 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Review 1 Year Later "
I believe I sent back the four longer sleeved bushings as they did not fit. Customer service was very helpful. Unfortunately could not resolve my issue so I got a refund. The other four bushings that used my stock sleeves seem to be just great. My truck is a 2004 Chevrolet 2500HD 4wd LLY Duramax Crew Cab that was unmodified and had never had the control arm bushings replaced previously.verified_user Verified Buyer - Greggory Park - . Prothane 7237 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- Does kit 7237 contain enough bushings to do both left and right sides or will it just fit either side.
- Prothane kit has enough bushings to do the left and right upper and lower control arms.
- Is this kit 7237 for the upper of lowers?
- The kit is for the upper and lower for both sides of the vehicle.
- Would the kit 7237 alos fit to a 2004 Hummer h2?
- Unfortunately, the part 7237 will not work for a Hummer H2 04.