lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Energy Suspension warrants its products against defects in workmanship and material for 24 months when used on passenger cars and light trucks. Products that have been abused, altered, or incorrectly installed are not covered. Energy Suspension will replace defective products or component parts, if inspection for factory personnel determines the part to be defective. Warranty replacement covers only the product. Labor claims, time loss, or freight charges will not be honored.
shuffle Cross References 3keyboard_arrow_down
Energy Suspension Polyurethane Universal Dust Boots
Importance of Dust Boots
Many of you are finding out that the rubber boot on your ball joint or tie rod has rotted away or has split. These boots are extremely important for the suspension of your vehicle. Fortunately, Energy Suspension makes Universal Dust boots that will fit most vehicles. These dust boots are made of polyurethane and are far more durable than rubber. This will seal your boot to retain the grease in the joint, as well as protecting the joint from dirt, sand, water and snow.
How to get your measurements
In order to select the proper boot, you will first need to grab a few measurements. The best way to do this is with a set of digital calipers. You will need to measure the diameter of the base where the boot will sit, the diameter of the shaft (also called the Pin Opening Diameter) and the height of the boot. Once you have gotten to your tie rod end measure these three spots. Be sure to be as exact as possible and to write down your measurements. If you have any trouble getting these measurements, give our customer service team at DST a call.
It is important to note that you do not want to choose a boot that is bigger than your measurements. You want to choose a boot that is just slightly smaller than the measurements you obtained. The elasticity of the polyurethane will allow the hole to stretch and grip the joint tightly. If you choose a boot that is too large there will be a gap which lets in debris.
Now that you have these measurements, you can verify that this is the boot that you need. If you find that your measurements do not match this boot, go to our Universal Dust Boot page to match a part to your measurements.
Choose your design
Energy Suspension offers an alternative to the traditional round bushing. There is an octagon shaped dust boot available as on option. The octagonal boots have the same specifications and perform the exact thing. They just offer a more unique look.
Product Reviews for Outer Tie Rod Dust Boots - Honda Civic - 9.13103
- 5 Star (38)
- 4 Star (2)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
Energy Suspension 9.13103
starstarstarstarstar" excellent "
Easy to buy the correct part with the information the site has 10/10verified_user Verified Buyer - Adrian colin Martin - . Energy Suspension 9.13103 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Very good "
Tough and firm.verified_user Verified Buyer - Norbert Wiener - . Energy Suspension 9.13103 - 5 out of 5
These dust boots fit fantastically. As long as you can match the proper dimensions, I highly recommend them.verified_user Verified Buyer - Mason Friedberg - . Energy Suspension 9.13103 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Look good. "
I didnt need them, but will keep them for future use.verified_user Verified Buyer - Michael S. Gagliano - . Energy Suspension 9.13103 - 5 out of 5
compare_arrows Compare with Similar Parts
($67.76) more expensive
- 50 Pack
- Bushing Material: Polyurethane
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- will these dust boots also work on the inner tie rods or is that a different part number?
- These will work for the inner tie rod ends of a 65 Mustang as long as your tie rods are OE tie rods.
- If I replace a dust boot with your urethane boot, will your boot have a snug fit?
- It is important to select a size that is slightly smaller than the measurement you obtained. The elasticity of the polyurethane will allow the dust boot to stretch and provide a tight fit on the stud.