lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
Moog fulfills their warranty through their individual dealers. That means that in order to receive warranty support, you will have to refer back to the original dealer you purchased the part from. Be sure to check the dealer's warranty support before you buy the part to make sure that they will properly support the warranty. If a dealer will only refer you back to the manufacturer in order to receive warranty support, then you may not actually have any warranty at all.
Moog Premium Steering Components carry a Limited Lifetime Warranty. Moog R-Series Control Arms, Hub Assemblies, and Strut Assemblies carry a 3 Year Warranty.
Moog warranties their parts to be free of defects in materials and/or workmanship during these timeframes as measured from the date of purchase.
If a Moog part should fail due to materials or manufacturing defect while under warranty, we will provide a replacement of the part upon return of the defective part.
What is the Difference Between Moog R Series and CK Control Arms?
CK, K or RK? We here at Diverse Suspension Technologies get this question a whole lot. If you are putting parts on your vehicle, you want to know exactly what you are installing. It can be hard to do that with all of these letter designations. So here is all that you need to know to clear up the confusion.
Short Answer: R Series is a value-driven replacement part while the CK Series incorporates Moog's premium Problem Solver components for a better than OE upgrade.
CK (K): Moog Problem Solver
Starting with the CK and K. Whether you see a "K" designation or a "CK" designation, you are getting the same part. The CK and K are Moogs Premium line of control arms. Utilizing their "problem solver" technology, these control arms address common factory design issues providing a better than the original replacement for your vehicle. Most CK and K control arms include ball joints that are powder coated metal with gusher bearings giving them a long life. Many of these ball joints are serviceable and have grease fittings. The CK and K arms also have problem solver bushings and a precise fit and form for easy installation.
RK: Moog R Series
The RK series is a more value-driven part. Because there are so many different vehicles both foreign and domestic, Moog has introduced the R-Series arms to provide replacements for a wide range of vehicles. The RK arms have OE fit and form geometry alignment, with pre-installed OE style bushings and most include the ball joints. However, these ball joints are not serviceable like the CK arms. All of the R Series arms have Moog validated construction and design, providing a less expensive alternative.
Type and Warranty
Each line of control arms has Forged Steel, Stamped Steel, or Forged Aluminium arms to provide the best style for your specific vehicle. The Premium CK line has a limited lifetime warranty, and the RK has a 3 year warranty that are both handled through our awesome customer service team at DST. Whether you are looking for a "light on the wallet" OE replacement, or a "premium" control arm upgrade, Moog control arms are a great choice for your vehicle.
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- Hello, i have a 2005 h2 hummer, i need a upper control arm with ball joint pressed in. I was wondering if this part is compliant or what does your company best suggest?
- Yes part number is for the front upper control arm for a 2005 Hummer H2.
- Will the moog-rk621783 fit on a 7
- The moog-rk621783 is fitted for an OE stock 2010 GMC Sierra 2500HD. Unfortunately we can not guarantee fitment of Moog parts on lifted vehicles. If your lift uses the stock control arms this moog-rk621783 may work for you, and could help depending on n your camber / caster alignment needs. this arm will only allow a +/- 3 degrees of camber / caster. ...see more
- Whats the advantage of the 3° offset, is that if you wanted to add a leveling kit?
- The rk621783 has an adjustable ball joint that will provide for +/- 3° of additional camber/caster. This will help align the front end of your truck with the leveling kit you plan on installing.
- Will the extra 3 degrees allowed solve the problem of wearing out the ball joint faster on a truck that has a 2 to 3 inch front leveling kit on them?
- Purchasing adjustable control arms or ball joints will not change the angle of the control arms. The upper arm will be still be pointing down. This causes a lot of stress on the upper ball joint. Moog control arms and ball joints are meant to work in n the same angle or plane as OEM. Lifted vehicles would need the Moog CK version of control arms or the Problem Solver Ball joint. Even with the premium Moog products they were not designed for the range of motion caused by the lift kits. ...see more
- Moog-RK621783 Front Upper Control Arm and Ball Joint : Is this for one or a pair?
- Moog-RK621783 is sold as a single control arm assembly. You will need two, one for the left and one for the right.
- Will rk621783 control arms work to align , with torsion key level kit.
- rk621783 provides for +/- 3 degrees of camber and caster. The ball joint is adjustable to provide the additional adjustment.