add_shopping_cart Suggested Parts 2keyboard_arrow_down
MOOG parts come greased from the factory, but should also be greased at the time of installation. After installation, MOOG recommends greasing these parts at each oil change for the best service life.
Out of grease? No problem we've got you covered with this Mystik Multi-Purpose Grease tube refill.
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
Moog fulfills their warranty through their individual dealers. That means that in order to receive warranty support, you will have to refer back to the original dealer you purchased the part from. Be sure to check the dealer's warranty support before you buy the part to make sure that they will properly support the warranty. If a dealer will only refer you back to the manufacturer in order to receive warranty support, then you may not actually have any warranty at all.
Moog Premium Steering Components carry a Limited Lifetime Warranty. Moog R-Series Control Arms, Hub Assemblies, and Strut Assemblies carry a 3 Year Warranty.
Moog warranties their parts to be free of defects in materials and/or workmanship during these timeframes as measured from the date of purchase.
If a Moog part should fail due to materials or manufacturing defect while under warranty, we will provide a replacement of the part upon return of the defective part.
What is the Difference Between Moog R Series and CK Control Arms?
CK, K or RK? We here at Diverse Suspension Technologies get this question a whole lot. If you are putting parts on your vehicle, you want to know exactly what you are installing. It can be hard to do that with all of these letter designations. So here is all that you need to know to clear up the confusion.
Short Answer: R Series is a value-driven replacement part while the CK Series incorporates Moog's premium Problem Solver components for a better than OE upgrade.
CK (K): Moog Problem Solver
Starting with the CK and K. Whether you see a "K" designation or a "CK" designation, you are getting the same part. The CK and K are Moogs Premium line of control arms. Utilizing their "problem solver" technology, these control arms address common factory design issues providing a better than the original replacement for your vehicle. Most CK and K control arms include ball joints that are powder coated metal with gusher bearings giving them a long life. Many of these ball joints are serviceable and have grease fittings. The CK and K arms also have problem solver bushings and a precise fit and form for easy installation.
RK: Moog R Series
The RK series is a more value-driven part. Because there are so many different vehicles both foreign and domestic, Moog has introduced the R-Series arms to provide replacements for a wide range of vehicles. The RK arms have OE fit and form geometry alignment, with pre-installed OE style bushings and most include the ball joints. However, these ball joints are not serviceable like the CK arms. All of the R Series arms have Moog validated construction and design, providing a less expensive alternative.
Type and Warranty
Each line of control arms has Forged Steel, Stamped Steel, or Forged Aluminium arms to provide the best style for your specific vehicle. The Premium CK line has a limited lifetime warranty, and the RK has a 3 year warranty that are both handled through our awesome customer service team at DST. Whether you are looking for a "light on the wallet" OE replacement, or a "premium" control arm upgrade, Moog control arms are a great choice for your vehicle.
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- The vehicle currently has a 2-piece control arm installed. Can I replace it with the 1-piece design RK80068?
- Yes, you can replace the 2-piece design with the moog-rk80068 one-piece design.
- My right upper arm is two piece. I got a replacement one piece rk80068 can I use this or do i need the two piece
- You can substitute the one piece rk80068 for the 2 piece right upper control arm.
- Does Moog Front Upper Control Arm and Ball Joint part number rk80068 fit a 2000 Ford Ranger XLT Sport V6 3.0L Flex Fuel?
- Moog Front Upper Control Arm and Ball Joint part number rk80068 will fit a 2000 Ford Ranger XLT Sport V6 3.0L Flex Fuel with front torsion bar springs only.
- I have the RK80068 which only came with one bolt and the RK8708 which came with two bolts. Is this correct?
- Yes, the RK80068 only needs one bolt and the RK8708 requires two bolts.
- I see there are 2 control arm choices. what is the difference between moog-rk80068 and moog-ck8708t. I need my upper control arms replaced but there are several similar parts and I need to know the difference
- The rk80068 is an OEM replacement and has a 3 year warranty. The ball joint may or may not be greaseable. The CK8708t has a limited lifetime warranty and the ball joint is greasable. The ball joint and control arm bushing is more durable and quality.
- Moog ball joint boot ripped during installation. Are they available.
- Moog dust boots are not available. I do have poly urethane dust boots. Some we can choose by year, make and model of the vehicle. If not available that way I would dimensions off of the old dust boot to see if we have on that will fit.