add_shopping_cart Suggested Parts 1keyboard_arrow_down
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
Moog fulfills their warranty through their individual dealers. That means that in order to receive warranty support, you will have to refer back to the original dealer you purchased the part from. Be sure to check the dealer's warranty support before you buy the part to make sure that they will properly support the warranty. If a dealer will only refer you back to the manufacturer in order to receive warranty support, then you may not actually have any warranty at all.
Moog Premium Steering Components carry a Limited Lifetime Warranty. Moog R-Series Control Arms, Hub Assemblies, and Strut Assemblies carry a 3 Year Warranty.
Moog warranties their parts to be free of defects in materials and/or workmanship during these timeframes as measured from the date of purchase.
If a Moog part should fail due to materials or manufacturing defect while under warranty, we will provide a replacement of the part upon return of the defective part.
Wearable RUBBER parts are not covered under warranty (Dust boots, bushings, bump stops, etc.)
What is the Difference Between Moog R Series and CK Control Arms?
CK, K or RK? We here at Diverse Suspension Technologies get this question a whole lot. If you are putting parts on your vehicle, you want to know exactly what you are installing. It can be hard to do that with all of these letter designations. So here is all that you need to know to clear up the confusion.
Short Answer: R Series is a value-driven replacement part while the CK Series incorporates Moog's premium Problem Solver components for a better than OE upgrade.
CK (K): Moog Problem Solver
Starting with the CK and K. Whether you see a "K" designation or a "CK" designation, you are getting the same part. The CK and K are Moogs Premium line of control arms. Utilizing their "problem solver" technology, these control arms address common factory design issues providing a better than the original replacement for your vehicle. Most CK and K control arms include ball joints that are powder coated metal with gusher bearings giving them a long life. Many of these ball joints are serviceable and have grease fittings. The CK and K arms also have problem solver bushings and a precise fit and form for easy installation.
RK: Moog R Series
The RK series is a more value-driven part. Because there are so many different vehicles both foreign and domestic, Moog has introduced the R-Series arms to provide replacements for a wide range of vehicles. The RK arms have OE fit and form geometry alignment, with pre-installed OE style bushings and most include the ball joints. However, these ball joints are not serviceable like the CK arms. All of the R Series arms have Moog validated construction and design, providing a less expensive alternative.
Type and Warranty
Each line of control arms has Forged Steel, Stamped Steel, or Forged Aluminium arms to provide the best style for your specific vehicle. The Premium CK line has a limited lifetime warranty, and the RK has a 3 year warranty that are both handled through our awesome customer service team at DST. Whether you are looking for a "light on the wallet" OE replacement, or a "premium" control arm upgrade, Moog control arms are a great choice for your vehicle.
Product Reviews for moog-ck80052 | Front Right Upper Control Arm | 98-11 Ford Ranger
- 5 Star (1)
- 4 Star (1)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" Review 1 Year Later "
So far so good.verified_user Verified Buyer - thomas haberle - . MOOG moog-ck80052 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar_border" Review 1 Year Later "
So far so good.verified_user Verified Buyer - thomas haberle - . MOOG moog-ck80052 - 4 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- Do I need to inject grease into the ball joint on the upper control arm after install, or does it come pregreased and the grease fitting is for routine maintenance?
- Moog-ck80052 will need to be greased after it is installed and every oil change with a good HD chassis grease that has the NLGI certification.
- When greasing the upper or lower CK ball joint how do you know it is full of grease.
- Put this link in a Google or Yahoo search: https://www.suspension.com/blog/how-to-grease-ball-joints/. This will show you the proper way to grease ball joints, tie rods and end links.
- What the different between the ck and rk?
- Differences in a nut shell: Ck- lifetime warranty;Problem solver; grease-able; inter change-able-parts RK- 3 year warranty; non-grease-able; no inter-change-able-parts; OEM direct replacement.
- I would like to know which model of the front upper arm to use in my pickup truck it ranger 2003 4x4.
- The passenger side you would need to purchase ck80052 and driver's side is ck80054.