description Installation Instructions keyboard_arrow_down
- picture_as_pdfHow-To - Liquid Urethane Motor Mount Replacement Insert Blog
- picture_as_pdf60A MSDS Sheet - Liquid Urethane
- picture_as_pdf60A MSDS Sheet - Activator
- picture_as_pdf80A MSDS Sheet - Liquid Urethane
- picture_as_pdf80A MSDS Sheet - Activator
- picture_as_pdf80A HP MSDS Sheet - Liquid Urethane
- picture_as_pdf80A HP MSDS Sheet - Activator
- picture_as_pdf94A MSDS Sheet - Liquid Urethane
- picture_as_pdf94A MSDS Sheet - Activator
unarchive In The Box of diymmi keyboard_arrow_down
- 1 of Urethane
- 1 of Activator
- 1 of Stirring Stick
- 1 of Installation Instructions
diymmi | DIY Liquid Urethane Engine and Motor Mount Inserts
"Do It Yourself" Motor Mount Inserts Kit
Why Use Motor Mount Inserts?
- Increase Horsepower to the Ground
- Reduced Wheel Hop
- More Responsive Motor
The first and foremost reason for firming up your motor mounts is to hold the engine more firmly in place. Often the more pliable stock motor mounts will allow the engine to move too much - resulting in wheel hop and a loss of power. The more extreme version of this is when an owner has increase the vehicle's horsepower more than the stock motor mounts were meant to handle. This can cause tearing the stock motor mounts as well as damage to the engine and engine bay should the engine be allowed too much movement.
Will This Kit Work on My Motor Mounts?
The mounts you're working with MUST have voids in them like the mounts shown here. These voids are what you will be filling with urethane. Without voids - there is nothing to fill! Most FWD vehicles will have several mounts designed like this.
Where's the rest of it?
Much like a new bag of potato chips the liquid urethane can is only about half full. As long as the can is sealed when you receive it you can rest assured that none of the product is missing.
Which Mounts Should I Use?
Most FWD vehicles have several different motor mounts - typically from 4-5 mounts. Some of the motor mounts are designed significantly different from the others. TORQUE mounts are the motor mounts designed to reduce the amount of engine movement when power is applied. Main Mounts are the mounts designed to support and hold the weight of the engine.
TORQUE mounts are the most effective mounts at providing a great rigidity to the engine assembly without transmitting as much natural vibration to the driver. Torque mounts are typically located at the front and or rear of the engine. Main mounts are typically located higher on the engine assembly as the engine weight usually hangs from these.
While it is typically possible to firm up all the mounts on a vehicle - the torque mounts will provide the best trade off of performance and vibration.
What is Required to complete this Project?
Liquid Urethane - available in 60A, 80A or 94A
The following items are not included in this kit and must be purchased at a local hardware store. These can be purchased for approximately $10
- Duct Tape - Seals one side of the mount
- Contact Cement - Helps the duct tape seal against greasy surfaces
- Degreaser - Cleans the mount of grease and oil to ensure an easy project
- Sand - in a box - vital to the project - don't skip this one.
- Level - using a small level will ensure your mount is level in the sand
Want the best Urethane bond possible?
The Primer can be used by itself in this application or combined with the Adhesive depending on how secure you feel the urethane needs to be. The project can be completed without these additions, but they will help the binding process.
What Level of Hardness should I use?
There are a number of firmness or "durometer" levels offered. The default is 80A as it's the most used and most popular. These are:
- 60A - For the Daily Driver - This is the softest formula offered that will still make a noticeable difference in vehicle performance. This softer formula is best for tuners that still want to increase performance without trading off as much personal comfort.
- 80A - Even trade off between performance and vibration when it comes to motor mount inserts. This formula is the most popular for it's ability to significantly increase vehicle performance while still allowing some small amount of flex in the mounts to keep vibration and noise to reasonable levels
- 80A High Performance - an improvement on the already great 80A offers more heat resitance and a higher tear rate without adding noise and vibration
- 94A - Race Quality - Not for the daily driver. This formula is the hardest of the 3 available. Providing the best reduction in motor movement - this version will also allow a rather significant amount of engine vibration to be transmitted into the vehicle.
How Fast does the Polyurethane Cure?
At room temperature the polyurethane cures in about 7 days. You can accelerate this process by curing your mounts at 150 degrees Fahrenheit. Doing this decreases the cure time to about 18 hours.
Is one kit enough to complete my project?
This kit produces about 13.52 fl oz (400 mL) of Liquid Urethane. On most vehicles this will be enough to complete the project on ALL the mounts. This product has been proven to work well for creating motor mount inserts and lasting for the life of the mount.
Where can I find the installation instructions?
The installation instructions for this product can be found in our How-To - Liquid Urethane Motor Mount Replacement Insert Blog
Product Reviews for diymmi | DIY Liquid Urethane Engine and Motor Mount Inserts
- 5 Star (77)
- 4 Star (3)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" PERFECT "
Perfect! Serious site! Shipping and receiving fast in France. THANKS ! quality product\nverified_user Verified Buyer - CHATEAU - . DST diymmi - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Review 2 Years Later "
At first, I had doubts cuz the claims are just too hard to believe. But 2 years after installing this on my busted motor mounts and they still look like they could hold up for another 10 years at least. Great product. Worth every penny.verified_user Verified Buyer - Albert ta - . DST diymmi - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Review 2 Years Later "
The material holding up great, easy to mix, great working time, once it kicked, the cure was even and heat moderate, no shrinking and trimming just before full cure was easy, end result excellent, recommended for anyone looking for that durometer rating.verified_user Verified Buyer - Aaron Hollywood pepin - . DST diymmi - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Review 2 Years Later "
I got the liquid to make my own motor mounts roughly 2 years ago and Ive had no issues for my Acura Integra thats boosted on 12 pounds making a little over 300 horsepower and they hold up amazing I Honestly couldnt ask for a better motor mount.verified_user Verified Buyer - Nichole Previte - . DST diymmi - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- Can you get the diymmi in a durometer of 94?
- Yes, you can select the polyurethane to have a durometer of 94.
- How much will this make?
- Part number diymmi will make 400ml.
- Can the part number DIYMMI be used on the 4 new mounts,(Front and Rear, Driver and Passenger Side, Upper and Lower) and is there enough to treat all four mounts?
- This kit produces about 13.52 fl oz (400 ml) of Liquid Urethane. On most vehicles, this will be enough to complete the project on ALL the mounts. This product has been proven to work well for creating motor mount inserts and lasting for the life of t the mount. ...see more
- Do you ship to the Philippines?
- Yes. We ship internationally .
- How much will kit diymmi make?
- Part Number diymmi will make 400 ml, or 1 2/3 cups of liquid urethane.fo
- Can you get this in different durometer?
- Yes, you can, the drop-down shows up once you select red or black and you can select the durometer from there.
- How many mounts can I do with the diymmi liquid urethane. Can you give me some sort of estimate?
- The diymmi kits on average, make about 4-5 mounts. The kit comes with about 13.52 fl oz (400mL).
- Can I get part number diymmi shipped to Malaysia?
- Yes, we do ship to Malaysia.
- Is there any extra cleaning/degreasing that needs to be done if Im using the diy poly kit on a brand new mount?
- As long as all the surface area is clean you will be good to go.
- What durometer is recommended to make sway bar bushings?
- The diymmi is for motor mounts so we cannot recommend to use it for sway bar bushings.
- Once I fill my mounts with the diymmi, how long do I need to wait before installing them?
- At room temperature the polyurethane cures in about 7 days. You can accelerate this process by curing your mounts at 150 degrees Fahrenheit. Doing this decreases the cure time to about 18 hours.
- How much in volume does the diymmi make?
- This diymmi kit produces about 13.52 fl oz (400 mL) of Liquid Urethane.
- What durometer does this come in?
- Part number diymmi comes in 60A, 80A, 80A High-performance and 94A.
- Do you need to have an outer shell for the diymmi to work?
- You will need to have some type of mold for the liquid to harden to and take shape of for the diymmi kit.
- Can the diymmi be used for any type of bushing or the motor mounts only?
- The diymmi kits are specified for the motor mounts, so we cannot recommend these kits for anything else.